How to Generate E-Way Bill and How it works
This post contains information about E-WAY Bill under GST, how to generate E-Way bill, Rules, Applicability, Requirements, Documents required and validity information.
What’s E-way Bill under GST?
E-way bill under gst is made electronically and it is required when the value of goods (supply) is 50,000 or above. It’s mandatory to get this bill done when goods are to be transferred or moved between two places.
But there are certain exceptions too for e-way bill System under GST. They are discussed below.
When you need E-Way bill?
If the following points are satisfied, you’ll need to generate e-way bill under GST.
- For the movement of goods i.e supply for a consideration or without consideration.
- For the tansfer of goods for return of goods.
- Movement of goods between branches i.e usual course of business.
- Receipt of goods from an unregistered person.
- Any transfer of goods as exchange (without a consideration i.e payment.
How to Generate E-way bill under GST?
You may visit the GST Portal to generate the bill. There are also some party tools that allow you to generate e-way bill.
- Visit the GST Portal in the desktop browser and generate new.
- API based services that help you generate E-Way bills.
- SMS through registered mobile number
- Other Service providers will assist you in generation of E-way bill.
Documents required to generate e-way bill under GST
The following documents are essential for generating E-way Bill.
- Documents related to consignment i.e Invoice, challan, or bill.
- Vehicle number/Transporter ID is essential.
- In case of transportation by ship, air or rail: Date, Transporter ID, and document number.
When you don’t need it?
If the following points are satisfied, you may not have to generate e-way bill.
- Transportation of goods is for less than 10KMs of distance within the state.
- Tansfer of goods on non-motor vehicle.
Validity of the e-way bill under GST
- The validity of the bill is 1 DAY for less than 100kms.
- For every other 100kms, 1 additional day thereafter.